Saturday, December 17, 2011

BJS067: Little Shop of Hanukkah (12/16/2011)

43:29 - Recorded December 16, 2011.



Download File
(Right-click or Ctrl+click to save)

My son Jacob's latest obsession has been "Little Shop of Horrors" - the Off Broadway soundtrack, the movie, different performance clips on YouTube, you name it! So my wife Melanie and I surprised him with an early Hanukkah gift - we took him to the Repertory Company High School for the Theatre Arts, where they did a performance of the show! When the cast heard that we came in from Passiac to see it just because he loves the show, they had the director bring us backstage so they could meet him! Listen along to our adventure - one he'll treasure for the rest of his life! (Includes a couple vintage TV commercials from the original Broadway show!)

Theme music: "The Chasing Game" by Friday's Child.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent show! I have always wanted to do an "at-large" show myself, and hope you'll answer me in private all the techie-geeky stuff you're using to record/edit! I will now go back and catch up with your catalog.

    Jacob's reaction to his surprise was absolutely priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scotto! Glad you liked it!

    I can answer you publicly - I record with my old-school iPod with a mic that I stick on the bottom. (Newer iPods have better mic/earbuds you can use. iPhones work just as well, if you got one'na those.) Then I edit simply in Garage Band, dump it into iTunes, upload it to http://archive.org, and punch the code into my Blogger page. It's that simple!

    Let me know if you start one of you own! Meantime, may I suggest you check out my colleagues at http://onsug.com - join in the weekly Overnightscape Central shows! New show comes out tonight (Monday) - listen to get next weeks topic, and you can add your own contribution!

    ReplyDelete